Saturday, January 10, 2009

Christmas Leftovers



So here it is January 10, 2009, three weeks from my last post already. How time flies. We had a great Christmas day with my daughter and her family. Braedy was so excited counting down the "sleeps" til Santa came. Having a 4 year old around makes it all so precious and fun. Two of my grandkids were having their first Christmas. Sweet little Ryleigh spent Christmas Eve day with us. She is 1 year old as of Jan. 8 and has just started walking. Baby Johnny is 3 months old and such a happy little boy. His eyes light up when Braedy talks to him and he grins from ear to ear.

We did indeed have a white Christmas. At one point there was about a foot and a half of snow, truly beautiful. It is almost all gone now and we're back to our typical west coast rainy, windy weather.

I got an organizing/cleaning bug yesterday and spent most of the morning in my closet. I culled three garbage bags of clothes, two for the Salvation Army and one for the garbage. All the shelves are tidied up and I found things I had forgotten I had! Speaking of which, I also went into the garage and noticed my big canning pot was up on a shelf instead of in its usual place lower down. I went to move it and, lo and behold, it was full of turkey leftovers, veggies and stock that I had boiled up to make soup. Forgot all about it! Surprisingly it didn't look any different from when I put it out there, I guess because it has been so cold. Into the garbage it went, no freezer soup for us later this winter. Sniff.

2 comments:

Gemma said...

What lovely grandchildren!

Anonymous said...

They're adorable! I can't wait to be a grandma too!