Friday, January 23, 2009

A Bit O' Bling




I made these earrings for my daughter's best friend, who is like another daughter to us. They're from Knitty and called Bijouterie by Rosemary Hill. (note to self - figure out how to insert links) I thought they turned out quite pretty. I haven't given them to her yet but will be doing so in the next few days. Knitting with wire isn't easy, especially 30 gauge which is very fine and tends to kink. But for a first try it wasn't bad.

Winter is dragging on. And on. And on. First it was the never-ending snow and now it has been days and days of freezing fog. Yesterday the fog finally lifted and it was a glorious sunny day. This morning we are socked in again with a heavy coating of frost on every outdoor surface. Spring please. Soon.



These socks turned out well. It's the Yarn Harlot's basic sock recipe knit up in KnitPicks Imagination yarn, colourway Evil Stepmother. Lovely yarn, cozy socks.












Oooooh, cashmere piano mitts!

And, finally, mindless stress and stash busting work. I loves cotton dishcloths!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cashmere mitts? Oh yum!!

I love dishclothes :-)

Thanks for stopping by the blog.