Sunday, April 4, 2010

Revenge of Mother Earth

Boy, did I get smacked about the head for my previous post.  We had a terrible wind storm on Good Friday which resulted in our power going out for 24 hours (almost to the minute!).  Mother Earth was pissed!  I wouldn't go along with Earth Hour so she gave me Earth 24 Hours.  

Lucky for me, hubby has a backup:


to which he plugged in the fridge, freezer, microwave, kettle, some lights - 10 extension cords:
















With all that and our cozy little gas fireplace 


we were quite comfortable.  I nestled into my favourite chair by the fire and knit to my heart's content.  We even plugged in the TV for a while and watched DVD's, a couple of episodes of Foyle's War and Frida (great movie).

Happy Easter!

1 comment:

kate said...

The power outages were weird. Mum was out (Headquarters way) yet Superstore by her wasn't. She was also out for at least the day. Although I hear you all had some sunshine after the storm, we didn't get any up here.

Then another doozy of a storm last night!

Ah well, we are all safe and sound. Happy Easter!